Four Session Workshop Series: March 18, 20, 25 & 27, 2014 from 11:30 AM – 3:30 PM
UNH Cooperative Extension, 113 North Road, Brentwood, NH
Participants will be led by Carol Starkie through a process where they will set up QuickBooks for their farm or natural resource operations.
- Participants must have a laptop computer with QuickBooks and be familiar with the basics of QuickBooks.
- Participants will improve how to set up this electronic record keeping system, add information in a systematic manner so that they can assess their farm and natural resource enterprises, increase their understanding about relevant taxation issues, and be able to create valuable reports.
- This course is focused on building skills and capacity so that participants can implement the knowledge they gain on their farms and related businesses for the upcoming year.
- Specifically, participants will learn how to record bills they owe and transactions that are owed to them. They will be able to keep track of the minute details of their farm or related business operations while also gaining an overall look at how their business is doing.
- Additional subjects will include recording credit card charges, equipment and other capital purchases, patronage dividends, checks not cashed, and employee wages and benefits.