Thanksgiving dinner is one meal that we look forward to all year long. I am so happy that the day has finally arrived! I may be getting ahead of myself for already thinking of what to make with Thanksgiving leftovers. A classic Thanksgiving leftover meal is the overstuffed “Gobbler” sandwich full of turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce. This sandwich is delicious but it will get boring sooner than later.
This year I am going to try some new leftover recipes, and I encourage you to do the same! I will be making the most of my leftovers with these recipes:
- Thanksgiving nachos:
- Grab a bag of tortilla chips and scatter leftover turkey, butternut squash, onions and brussels sprouts (or any other leftovers) over the chips. Top with shredded cheese and bake in oven at 400 degrees until cheese is melted (about 5 minutes).
- Thanksgiving frittata:
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add onions, carrots, green beans and cooked stuffing (or any leftovers) for 3-5 minutes. Add cooked leftover turkey until warmed. Add beaten eggs. Season with salt, pepper and basil. Top with shredded cheese and put it in the oven broiler for 3 minutes.
- Thanksgiving fried rice:
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet. Stir-fry chopped green beans, potatoes, carrots, onions (or any other leftover veggies) then add cooked rice and toss until warm. Fold in leftover turkey or ham. Add in 2 scrambled eggs. Serve with soy sauce.
- Thanksgiving salad: Mix up these ingredients with your leftover turkey and make into a sandwich or serve on a bed of salad greens.
- 3 Cups Leftover Turkey, shredded
- ¾ Cup Celery, finely chopped
- ¼ Cup Red Onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 Cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/3 Cup Sliced Almonds
- ¾ Cup Mayonnaise
- 2 Teaspoons Whole Grain Mustard
- Salt and Pepper