Arugula is finally back in season and summer is just around the corner. This recipe is great cold and hot, and the chickpeas make it filling enough to be a meal and not just a side dish. If having this cold, I would suggest not wilting the arugula and allowing the pasta to cool so that it is more like a salad. As always feel free to tweak the recipe to your own preferences, it would be just as good with broccoli rather than cauliflower.
- 1 large cauliflower chopped into smaller florets
- 1 can or package of chickpeas (10 oz.)
- 2 lemons
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup capers
- 1 Box of gemelli pasta
- 1/2 cup butter (I used dairy-free Earth Balance)
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon of paprika
- salt and pepper for flavoring
- Heat 4 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet.
- Add the cauliflower and chopped garlic to the skillet and sauté until the cauliflower is browned.
- Drain the chickpeas.
- Add the chickpeas and heat for 5 minutes.
- Boil a pot of water with a pinch of salt.
- Add the gemelli pasta and cook until al dente or desired texture.
- Drain the pasta.
- Add the butter, capers, lemon juice, paprika, and salt and pepper to the cauliflower mix let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add arugula until slightly wilted.
- Add the sauce, arugula, and cauliflower mix to the noodles and mix well.