This recipe makes 3 chickpea patties and is a great alternative to a spicy chicken sandwich. These are my go-to choice when I need to make a quick and easy dinner. You can use these as an alternative to chicken for many meals and can switch up the spices to your own taste.
- 1 ½ cup chickpeas
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Almond milk
- 1 Tablespoon Tahini
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Nutritional Yeast
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- ¼ tablespoon salt
- ¼ tablespoon pepper
- ¼ tablespoon paprika
- ¼ tablespoon chili powder
- ¼ tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 slice vegan cheese (I used Field Roast Chao slices in creamy original)
- Hot sauce
- Vegan mayonnaise or your choice of dressing
- Set the oven to 400 F.
- Drain chickpeas and pour into a large bowl.
- Add the olive oil and using a potato masher, mash the chickpeas until they are a paste-like consistency.
- Add the almond milk, tahini, hot sauce, bread crumbs, and nutritional yeast.
- Mash or mix until the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Add the salt, pepper, paprika, chili powder, and garlic powder.
- Mix until incorporated.
- Form into patties.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Toast 2 pieces of a bread of your choosing.
- Spread Veganaise onto the toasted bread.
- Place a patty on the sandwich and drizzle hot sauce over the top.
- Add two slices of vegan cheese, lettuce, and tomato.