Come visit our Winter Markets to check out all of the pet items local farmers and artists are bringing! My favorite was finding the folks at Velvet Pastures who sell elk meat and also sell the antlers for dogs. I always buy antlers over most dog bones because they don’t splinter the way raw hides do. The farmers are there to answer any questions about how the bones are treated so you never have to question what might be on the bones like you do in stores.
Here is a recipe for your pup during the holiday season:
- 3 cups brown rice flour
- 1 teaspoon raw local honey (optional)
- ¼ cup all natural and unsalted peanut butter
- 2 local eggs
- 15 oz local pumpkin, boiled in water and mashed.
- Heat the oven to 350F
- Mix all ingredients together, forming a dough.
- Roll out the dough and cut up using cookie cutters.
- Bake until dry and golden brown, usually between 30-40 minutes.
- These can store at room temp for up to a week or can be frozen to be kept longer!