This week I adapted the Minimalist Baker’s recipe, Gingerbread Granola. Although I excluded the nuts, try adding almonds, walnuts, or even craisins to yours!
Serves 10, ½ cup per serving
- 3 1/4 cups rolled oats (GF for gluten free eaters)
- 1 3/4 cups raw nuts
- 3 Tbsp organic cane sugar (or sub extra molasses or maple syrup mixed in with wet ingredients)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger
- pinch ground cloves (optional)
- 1/4 cup coconut or olive oil
- 1/3 cup local maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp molasses
- (optional) 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan over medium low heat, warm the coconut oil, maple syrup, molasses and vanilla extract. Pour over the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Spread the mixture evenly onto a large baking sheet and bake for 18–22 minutes, stirring near the halfway point to ensure even cooking. The coconut oil will help this granola crisp up nicely, but be sure to watch it carefully as it browns quickly.
- Once the granola is visibly browned (about 19 minutes for me), remove from the oven and let cool completely on the pan before storing.
Keep in a container that has an air-tight seal and it should keep for a few weeks!