Now is your opportunity! Seacoast Eat Local is hiring a Program Coordinator to assist the Director in executing our many projects.
The Program Coordinator is responsible for the execution of the marketing and programming efforts of Seacoast Eat Local. In this newly established role, the Program Coordinator will be the key person for organizing and implementing the work of the organization. This position reports to the Director of Programs.
The position is 40 hours per week at $15.00 per hour with benefits.
● Coordinate and manage the SNAP, Seacoast Harvest, and Winter Farmers’ Market programs with support from the Director of Programs and the Board of Directors
● Advance Seacoast Eat Local’s presence in social media through content generation/sourcing, posting, monitoring, analysis and reporting
● Lead content generation and email marketing efforts
● Support fundraising efforts by performing outreach for donations and sponsorships and by participating in grant proposals as needed
● Plan and coordinate the Seacoast Eat Local Winter Farmers’ Markets including onsite hands-on presence of all (currently twelve) markets
● Manage the setup/takedown and coverage of the SNAP/Debit booth at the farmers’ markets, both summer (currently five per week) and winter
● Maintain accurate records, correspondence, and donor database records
● Participate in and assist with implementation of new programs and events that extend the work and mission of Seacoast Eat Local
● Mobilize and coordinate a pool of dedicated volunteers to carry out program activities
● Develop work assignments and projects and provide task supervision to assigned volunteers
● Possess and continually increase knowledge of local food sources, connections and trends
● Bachelors Degree or equivalent, relevant work experience
● Minimum of 1 – 3 years experience in organizing and implementing programs and events, preferably in a nonprofit environment
● Relevant experience in event management
● Strong proficiency in general computer, software and device use
● Demonstrated aptitude for learning and using new technology and software programs
● Ability to solve problems and manage conflict to ensure strong collaborative program execution
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with exceptional attention to detail, and the ability to create content for a variety of needs and audiences
● Demonstrated ability to work without close supervision, creating and executing a solid work plan for her/himself
● Ability and willingness to work nights and weekends
● Enthusiasm for being in front of the public at events and markets
● Personal qualities and a communication style that reflects professionalism, integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for the mission of Seacoast Eat Local
For consideration, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31st.