Farm to School/Institution/Plate Information and Networking Event
Partners for a Hunger-Free York County
Wells Reserve, 342 Laudholm Farm Rd, Wells, ME
Wednesday, November 12, 2014
4 — 5:30 pm
We’re excited about our Farm-to-School/Institution/Plate Networking Event which takes place Wednesday, November 12th, 4-5:30pm at the Wells Reserve. Please register if you would like to attend (and receive a goody bag!) Highlights of the event include:
– Allison Hopkins, Vista/AmeriCorps volunteer presenting on the Healthy Pre-School Project
– Stacey Purcell from the NH Farm to School Project (a project of the University of New Hampshire and Seacoast Local
– Tyler Goodwin, Wells and Ogunquit Schools Food Service Director and Lynette Harriman, NOBLE, Berwick, Lebanon, and Massabesic School Food Services Director on how they are integrating farms and local foods in their districts
– YOU! We will be having an open conversation about how to promote local foods in schools, institutions, restaurants and can’t wait to hear your ideas!
– Informal networking and tasting of local yummies, including cheese from Cabot Creamery, mead from Maine Mead Works, and cider.
This will be a relaxed event that gives people a chance to share information, meet each other, and identify some steps for moving forward to support more school and farm (and/or restaurant/institution) connections.
Please join us – to register and reserve your spot: http://www.hungerfreeyorkcounty.org/farm-to-school-networking-event.html
For more information: www.hungerfreeyorkcounty.org