A partnership between UNH Cooperative Extension and Great Bay Community College brings “Time to Grow: A Home Garden Workshop Series” to Seacoast gardeners starting March 15th at Great Bay Community College. UNH Cooperative Extension Agriculture Program Coordinator Ron Christie will lead the series, taking gardeners through every phase of the growing season. There are 16 sessions from which gardeners can choose:
• Sat., March 15: AM Session – Vegetable & Fruit Garden Planning; PM Session – Starting Transplants from Seed.
• Sat., March 22: AM Session – Healthy Soil for Happy Plants and Higher Yields; PM Session – Garden Fertility (for this workshop only, must attend the AM session).
• Sat., April 5: AM Session – Cover Crops & Green Manures/Composting; PM Session – Container & Raised Bed Gardening.
• Sat., April 19: AM Session – Weeds, Pests and Disease; PM Session – Growing Apples and Pears.
• Sat., April 26: AM Session – Growing Stone Fruit (Peaches, Plums, Cherries); PM Session – Blueberries, Raspberries, Strawberries.
• Sat., May 3: AM Session – Growing Your Favorite Vegetables/Tomatoes, Peppers, Eggplant; PM Session – Growing Your Favorite Vegetables/Root Crops, Greens, Squash, Beans, Peas.
• Sat., May 10: AM Session – Season Extension; PM Session – Building an Inexpensive Greenhouse.
• Sat., August 23: AM Session – Storing Your Harvest; PM Session – Closing Up Your Garden.
The workshops will be held at Great Bay Community College, Room 122, 320 Corporate Drive in Portsmouth. Each session is $5 per person and is geared for both new and experienced gardeners. Contact Ron Christie at firstname.lastname@example.org or (603) 679-5616 to register or for more information: http://bit.ly/garden2014