CSA Day at the Winter Farmers’ Market
CSA Day will help you navigate the world of Community Supported Agriculture in 2014! We’ll be featuring 15 farms offering CSA shares for the coming season at the Seacoast Eat Local Winter Farmers’ Market at the Wentworth Greenhouses in Rollinsford on Saturday, February 22nd, from 10am to 2 pm. Come meet the farmers and find the CSA right for you!
The list of CSA farms include Bartlett Farm, Brandmoore Farm, Brookford Farm, Heron Pond Farm, Meadow’s Mirth, Mildred’s Drumlin Farm, Orange Circle Farm, Red Manse Farm, Saddleback Mountain Farm, Sirois Family Farm, Touching Earth Farm, Two Farmers Farm, Two Toad Farm, Wake Robin Farm, and Wild Miller Gardens. Check out the SEL Blog for features on many of the CSA farms joining us this year.
February 22nd Market Highlights
• Food of the Day — PICKLED FOODS are the food of the day! Peruse the many delicious preserved offerings at the market, including offerings from Above the Dam Jam, Maine Homestead Farm, and Son-Mat Foods.
• Ask a Master Food Preserver — Bring your canning and food preserving questions, learn what “finger-tight” means, or have your pressure canner gauge tested by Master Food Preservers Debra Kam and Lauren Audet from the UMaine Cooperative Extension. We’ll also have hand-outs on freezing, canning, and fermenting, and free pectin samples!
• Knife Sharpening — Bring your knives and garden tools to be sharpened by On the Edge Knife Sharpening while you shop! Pricing available at their website.
• Live Music — Sandra Koski
• Composting at the market: Mr. Fox Composting will be continuing our ongoing partnership, collecting compostable material throughout the market season and educating attendees on the value and importance of closing the waste stream loop.
Extra Parking and Front Door Drop-Off with Our Friendly Shuttle Service
Those of you that have been to the market before know parking can get a bit crowded at the beginning of the day. We always encourage folks to get together with friends and carpool, or to come later in the day. We also have overflow parking with our partner Salmon Falls Stoneware. A shuttle will bring you to and from the market at Wentworth Greenhouses throughout market hours. Click over to this map for market location and overflow parking.
Use SNAP and Debit Cards at the Market
All vendors at the Winter Farmers’ Markets accept SNAP/EBT! Visit the booth with the “Buy Your Tokens Here” sign to get started. Through Seacoast Eat Local’s Market Match program, receive up to an additional $10 free to buy fruits and vegetables! Debit cards can also be used to purchase tokens that can be used just like cash at the markets too! Learn more about how this program works at our website. This program is made possible through your generous donations, a partnership with Wholesome Wave, and founding and ongoing support from funds of the New Hampshire Charitable Foundation.
Thank-you to our Market Sponsors
Seacoast Eat Local’s Winter Farmers Markets are made possible with the generous support of our market sponsors — The Farm at Eastman’s Corner, Season Underwriter; Wentworth Greenhouses, Exeter Hospital, The Black Birch, and Blue Moon Yoga, Market Underwriters; Moxy Restaurant, Cooking Skills Series Sponsor; and BCM Environmental & Land Law, CSA Day Sponsor.
Nourish your body, your friendships and the local agricultural community, shop at the Seacoast Eat Local Winter Farmers’ Market! For more information: www.seacoasteatlocal.org.