Freezing, Fermenting & Dehydrating: How to Preserve Your Harvest
Food and Health Forum
Blue Moon Evolution, Exeter, NH
Sunday, August 19, 2013
What do you dowhen the tomatoes and zucchinis are piled up high on your counter? Cucumbers are crowding out the frig? Take advantage of the abundance of the harvest and save it for a rainy (or snowy) day. We’ll show you how to capture harvest at its peak without canning so you can enjoy it throughout the year.
• How to make simple jams and chutneys
• What and how to freeze way beyond just berries and beans
• How to dehydrate vegetables and fruits and make things like fruit roll ups, crackers and more.
• The art of fermentation: How to ferment pickles, cabbage, beets and carrots – It’s the new (old) rage!!!
• Bring an empty jar for a take away (like pickles, or sauerkraut!)
For more information: www.foodandhealthforum.com