Food preservation is a great way to have delicious, local food all year long. For information on canning, pickling, freezing, and drying, please check the links below. Be sure to check our events Calendar for any upcoming food preservation demonstrations or workshops. And remember, never reuse your lids!
- National Center for Home Food Preservation
- Master Food Preservers – University of Maine Cooperative Extension
- UNH Cooperative Extension
- USDA Complete Guide to Home Canning (2009 Revision)
- Preserving Food At Home: A Self-Study
- So Easy to Preserve – University of Georgia Cooperative Extension
- How to Can Anything: Pick it and can it! PickYourOwn.org offers step-by-step instructions with photographs.
- Fresh Preserving: The official canning site from the makers of Ball and Kerr canning equipment.
- Canning Across America: A nationwide, ad hoc collective of cooks, gardeners and food lovers committed to the revival of the lost art of “putting up” food, and promote safe food preservation and the joys of community building through food.
- How to Freeze 20 Fruits and Vegetables
- How to Store Vegetables & Fruit Without Plastic