When I tell people I am vegan, I usually get looks of horror and asked “what can you eat”. I love creating vegan recipes for friends and family, usually those who stick to the same few foods, and watching their eyes widen with delight when they try it. I created this recipe for my dad when we started going to the gym together as an after work-out snack paired with a glass of ice water. Mind you that my dad didn’t eat much more than meat and potatoes during this time, but he loved this! Hope you do too—
- 1 ½ frozen banana (about 52 calories, 211mg Potassium, 14 g carbs, and 7g sugar)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut/almond milk (about 40 calories, 30 fat cals, 0 sugar, 1 g protein, 1 g
- carbohydrates, 120 mg sodium, 170 mg Potassium, 455 mg calcium)
- 3 tbsp. Raw Hemp Hearts (170 calories, 120 from fat, 3g carb, 10g protein)
- 3 tsp. Cacao Nibs (60 calories, 45 from fat, 0 sugar, 0 protein, 9mg magnesium, rich in
- Blend this goodness together with a splash (2 tbsp.) of chilled brewed black coffee and enjoy this filling, healthy and vegan smoothie!