A special recipe to help warm up a rainy day in New Hampshire!
- Bring 8 cups of water to boil
- Add 1 ½ table spoons of brown rice miso
- Add small cubes of pressed tofu, thinly sliced carrots, celery, leek, onion, mushroom, water chestnut, snow peas, garlic, basil, salt, pepper, and few splashes of Bragg’s Amino Acid and a table spoon of “Fire Cider”*
- Keep on a very low heat only occasionally stirring
- In a smaller pot add 4 cups of water and flat, small rice noodles, bring to a boil, drain and rinse when noodles are slightly undercooked.
- Add rinsed noodles to miso broth and serve once noodles finish cooking.
- Add sliced scallions, pea shoots, mint and sambal (if you want extra heat) to each serving!
*I made my own “Fire Cider” buy canning freshly diced onion, garlic, ginger, and raw apple cider vinegar in a jar and shaking it every day for two weeks. You can find some online if you don’t want to make your own.