For those of you who missed me at Exeter’s market last weekend, I have shared a few of my favorite sweet recipes below. Last weekend was kids day at the market and with Easter being the next day I decided to share some low sugar, high nutrient sweets. Both recipes below were a big hit with both parents and kids and are so simple to make. Enjoy!
CHIA SEED PUDDING Serving size: Serves 4
- ½ Cup chia seeds
- 2 Cups milk or alternative milk product (almond milk)
- ½ Cup dark chocolate
- ½ Teaspoon vanilla extract
- Toppings: Coconut shavings, fresh fruit, etc.
1. Combine your dark chocolate and with 1 cup of almond milk to melt the chocolate.
2. Combine the other 1 cup of almond milk to your chia seeds, also add the vanilla extract. Let it sit and gelatinize for 5-minutes.
3. Combine the melted chocolate sauce to your chia seed mixture. Whisk away to combine all ingredients properly.
4. Portion out the mixture however you desire. Let the mixture rest in the fridge overnight for 3-5 hours.
5. Cover with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
*Besides the chia seeds all ingredients can be optional or substituted: Honey, maple syrup, cinnamon, matcha, etc! Explore more recipes online.
BANANA-OAT BASED COOKIES Serving size: ~8 cookies
- 2 Medium /large ripe bananas
- 1 Cup uncooked quick oats
- ¼ Cup of dark chocolate chips, walnuts or any other mix-in!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray or use parchment paper
2. Mash the bananas well in a medium sized bowl.
3. Add your oats and other mix-ins. Mix well.
4. Place the mixture on your cookie sheet using tablespoon portions.
5. Bake your cookies for ~15 minutes. Let them cool and then enjoy!