Spring is just around the corner and the days are getting longer. The warmer days and sunny skies have many families yearning to break free from winter hibernation. Seacoast Eat Local has you covered with our first Kids’ Day at the Winter Farmers’ Market, Saturday March 28th from 10am-2pm at Exeter High School in Exeter, New Hampshire.
Bringing your children to market is a great way to teach them more about where food comes from and how everyone is part of the local agricultural community! On top of the Kids’ Day activities it will also be Dairy Day at the Market with resources and information on local dairy options and benefits.
- Acorn School creating birdfeeders with local sunflower seed
- Cooking Matters leading a veggie taste test & scavenger hunt
- Exeter Historical Society offering coloring and local trivia
- Seacoast Permaculture Group planting peas to take home, grow, & eat
- Seacoast Eat Local making butter using raw cream from Brookford Farm
- plus live & interactive music with Andrea Szirbik & Friends!
Be sure to mark your calendars and tell your friends about Kids’ Day at the market. Bring the whole family for a day of great food and fun. The market and activities are free and all are welcome. There are only two Winter Farmers’ Markets left this season, March 28 & April 11 at Exeter High School. Come out to stock your pantry and show your support for local farms and food!