Spring Greens are front and center this Saturday!
It’s hard to believe the winter market season has come and gone so quickly. Join us this Saturday, April 12th from 10am–2pm at Exeter High School in Exeter, NH, for our last Seacoast Eat Local Farmers’ Market and featuring all kinds of Spring greens! So much more than just salad, our farmers have worked hard to bring you a delicious assortment of leafy goodness. Remember to check out our Exeter market map to learn more about each vendor and see where they will be during the market, as well as what products they have.
About the Location: Exeter High School is located at 315 Epping Road, Exeter, NH. The school has ample parking but markets are more fun with friends, so call yours up and set up a carpool — here’s a map to help guide you there!
• Food of the Day: Spring Greens! We’ll have Andrea Hood leading the Cooking & Utilizing Fresh Spring Greens demonstration with a greens tasting and ID display, recipes and more! Check out our Recipe page for culinary inspiration using all of our featured market foods. You can also see our Pinterest recipes for even more cooking ideas featuring greens such as bok choy, chard, kale, and spinach!
• High Mowing Seeds from Seacoast Eat Local — Celebrate local food by growing your own! Seacoast Eat Local will be featuring High Mowing Organic Seeds for sale at Information table. We’ve also got a number of great books to get you started with local growing and even small scale animal husbandry. Make 2014 the year you take the plunge and start raising your own food.
• Knife Sharpening — Get ready for all those summer garden parties and bring your knives and garden shears for sharpening with On The Edge Sharpening with Patti this Saturday, April 12th.
• Live Music — Alli Beaudry will be back at the last Exeter market to serenade us into Spring!
• Food Donations — Students from Exeter High School will be at the market this week collecting food donations for local food pantries. With your donation of farm fresh foods we are able to keep giving to those in need. Nearly 2,000 pounds of food have already been donated during the winter markets, let’s keep it up!
• Composting at the Market — Mr. Fox Composting will be continuing our ongoing partnership, collecting compostable material throughout the market season and educating attendees on the value and importance of closing the waste stream loop.
Use SNAP and Debit Cards at the Market
All vendors at the Winter Farmers’ Markets accept SNAP/EBT! Visit the booth with the “Buy Your Tokens Here” sign to get started. Through Seacoast Eat Local’s Market Match program, receive up to an additional $10 free to buy fruits and vegetables! Debit cards can also be used to purchase tokens that can be used just like cash at the markets, too! Learn more about how this program works at our website. This program is made possible through your generous donations, a partnership with Wholesome Wave, and founding and ongoing support from funds of the New Hampshire Charitable Foundation.
Show your support for local food and volunteer
Whether you are looking to be involved in the community, shop locally, eat more regionally grown and seasonal foods, or just get out and make new friends, be part of the growing movement and get involved with the SEL Winter Farmers’ Market! We look for a morning crew of at least 10 volunteers to help with market set-up (assist with vendor parking, helping unload vendor vehicles, and moving tables). We also need 7-8 friendly and outgoing foodies to help at our information booth and around the market. Even if you can’t make it to help at this market, sign up now to volunteer at a future market. Contact: Leo Smock-Randall, email@example.com.
Thank-you to our Market Sponsors
Seacoast Eat Local’s Winter Farmers Markets are made possible with the generous support of our market sponsors — The Farm at Eastman’s Corner, Season Underwriter; Wentworth Greenhouses, Exeter Hospital, The Black Birch, and Blue Moon Yoga, Market Underwriters; Moxy Restaurant, Cooking Skills Series Sponsor; and Andrea Hood, Market Day Sponsor for April 12th.
See you at the market!
Nourish your body, your friendships and the local agricultural community, shop at the Seacoast Eat Local Winter Farmers’ Market! For more information: www.seacoasteatlocal.org.