Beef! It’s one of the many locally raised dinner options at the Winter Farmers’ Market!
Seacoast Eat Local’s Winter Farmer’s Market has something for everyone so come check out the delicious options this Saturday, March 8th from 10am-2pm at Exeter High School. Our local farmers and ranchers work hard all year long to bring you the best, most delicious food options around. Pasture raised, grain finished, grass fed, certified organic, hormone & nitrate free; the labels can sometimes be a bit confusing and intimidating. Fear Not! Lucky for you, farmers’ markets help connect consumers with those raising the animals and our farmers are more than happy to answer your questions!
About the Location: Exeter High School is located at 315 Epping Road, Exeter, NH. The school has ample parking but markets are more fun with friends, so call yours up and set up a carpool! Here’s a map!
March 8th Market Highlights
• Food of the Day: Beef! This week we are featuring a sampling demo on pasture raised beef with a Q&A on how to best use and feature the amazing flavors of local beef. Beyond the Q&A and samples, we’ve got loads of awesome recipes to get you started in the kitchen. Check out our Recipe page for culinary inspiration using all of our featured market foods. You can also see our Pinterest recipes for even more ideas on cooking with beef!
• Health is Wealth — You probably know the value of healthy eating when it comes to health and well being. However accidents happen to everyone and health insurance can be a valuable tool. News on the Affordable Care Act and new insurance mandate can be confusing. Luckily we have representatives coming from Newmarket’s Lamprey Health Care to help explain the Affordable Care Act and how to navigate the government run insurance marketplace.
• Live Music — We are excited to welcome Matt Philbrick, a newcomer to the winter markets, to entertain you during your stroll through the winter farmers’ market in Exeter!
• Special Guests — Gardens of New England will be joining us in partnership with Bedrock Gardens of Lee to promote & preserve public gardens and their current use through open houses, education and community events.
• Food Donations — Students from Exeter High School will be at the market this week collecting food donations for St. Vincent’s food pantry. Your combined efforts at previous markets have helped put dozens of food baskets into the hands of those in need. Please continue to ensure local food is for everyone and support this worthy cause.
• Composting at the Market: Mr. Fox Composting will be continuing our ongoing partnership, collecting compostable material throughout the market season and educating attendees on the value and importance of closing the waste stream loop.
Use SNAP and Debit Cards at the Market
All vendors at the Winter Farmers’ Markets accept SNAP/EBT! Visit the booth with the “Buy Your Tokens Here” sign to get started. Through Seacoast Eat Local’s Market Match program, receive up to an additional $10 free to buy fruits and vegetables! Debit cards can also be used to purchase tokens that can be used just like cash at the markets, too! Learn more about how this program works at our website. This program is made possible through your generous donations, a partnership with Wholesome Wave, and founding and ongoing support from funds of the New Hampshire Charitable Foundation.
Show your support for local food and volunteer
Whether you are looking to be involved in the community, shop locally, eat more regionally grown and seasonal foods, or just get out and make new friends, be part of the growing movement and get involved with the SEL Winter Farmers’ Market! We look for a morning crew of at least 10 volunteers to help with market set-up (assist with vendor parking, helping unload vendor vehicles, and moving tables). We also need 7-8 friendly and outgoing foodies to help at our information booth and around the market. Even if you can’t make it to help at this market, sign up now to volunteer at a future market. Contact: Leo Smock-Randall, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank-you to our Market Sponsors
Seacoast Eat Local’s Winter Farmers Markets are made possible with the generous support of our market sponsors — The Farm at Eastman’s Corner, Season Underwriter; Wentworth Greenhouses, Exeter Hospital, The Black Birch, and Blue Moon Yoga, Market Underwriters; Moxy Restaurant, Cooking Skills Series Sponsor; and Good Karma Cafe, Market Day Sponsor for March 8th.
Nourish your body, your friendships and the local agricultural community, shop at the Seacoast Eat Local Winter Farmers’ Market!