Hive Healthy 2014 Bee School
Jeremiah Smith Grange Hall, Lee Hook Rd, Lee, NH
Class 1: March 8 & 15
Class 2: April 26 & May 3
9 am – 4 pm
Course will cover everything you need to know to get started in Bees including:
• Honey Bee Biology – their fascinating life cycle and how they do it
• Hive equipment – costs, what to buy and how to assemble it. Nucs vs. Packages, locating your hive
• Installing your bees
• Hive Management Spring thru Fall
• Beyond basics – Swarming, requeening, inspections, what can go wrong
• Pests and Diseases – bee friendly practices geared toward the small scale keepers
• Demos: Using the smoker, Working the hive, Moving bees, Hive tools and tips, Assembling Frames
Taught by Wendy Booth, Beekeeper 13 years, 2008 NH Beekeeper of the Year, past NHBA President and EAS Director, featured on NH Chronicle and NH Magazine, NHNPR Laura Kinoy Show, and regular guest speaker at local garden clubs.
Course Books: (not included with class) Beekeeping for Dummies, and Beekeepers Handbook by Diana Samataro.
Cost: $100 per person for 2 day course, space is limited. 1/2 hour lunch break; we will show a movie during lunch if you want to, BYO lunch. Send payment to: Wendy Booth, 37 Swan Drive, Nottingham NH 03290. Call 603-557-7468 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a spot.
Also offering a Second Year Beekeeper Class on Advanced Management on April 12, 2014, 9 am to 3 pm.
For more information: www.hivehealthy.com