Keep your new year on track while supporting local farms at the Winter Farmers’ Market!
It’s a new year and we’re still bringing you the best local food the Seacoast has to offer! Come to the next Seacoast Eat Local Winter Farmers’ Market at the Exeter High School this Saturday, January 11th, from 10am to 2pm, and let us help you keep that resolution to buy local and support local agriculture.
A new year is always full of new hopes and big plans, and we’ve brought together the perfect assortment of farmers, fishermen and food purveyors to make keeping your resolutions easy. Whether you want to support the local economy, know where your food comes from, give back to the agricultural community, or pick up some new cooking skills for using all the fresh local produce, we’ve got you covered at the Winter Farmers’ Market!
To help get you thinking about all the local food options or if you are looking for something particular, check out our Product Search tool to find out who has it and when, and our Market Map for where they’ll be at market. Exeter High School is located at 315 Epping Road, Exeter, NH. The school has ample parking but markets are more fun with friends, so call yours up and set up a carpool!
Nourish your body, your friendships and the local agricultural community, shop at the Seacoast Eat Local Winter Farmers’ Market!
January 11th Highlights
• CARROTS are the featured food of the day!
• Cooking Skills Series: While you’re picking up tips on roasting winter vegetables, and sampling recipes for carrot soup and carrot salad from Food and Health Forum, find out more about their 21-Day Real Food Challenge.
• Guest Performer: If delicious local food isn’t enough, come enjoy the musical talents of Alli Beaudry for an afternoon to remember!
• Special Guests: NOFA-NH will provide information on GMO legislative efforts and upcoming events, including their annual winter conference; Lamprey Health Care will help explain the Affordable Care Act and how to navigate the government-run insurance marketplace; and RiverWoods, our Market Day Sponsor.
• Food Donations: Exeter High School Key Club students will collect food donations for the St. Vincent de Paul Food Pantry. Our Locally Driven Food Drive continues, with funds to match farmers’ food donations.
• Composting: Mr. Fox Composting will be at all the markets, collecting compostable materials and educating attendees on the importance of closing the waste stream loop.
SNAP and Debit Cards at the Market
All vendors at the Winter Farmers’ Markets accept SNAP/EBT! Visit the booth with the “Buy Your Tokens Here” sign to get started. Through Seacoast Eat Local’s Market Match program, receive up to an additional $10 free to buy fruits and vegetables! Debit cards can also be used to purchase tokens that can be used just like cash at the markets too! Learn more about how this program works at our website. This program is made possible through your generous donations, a partnership with Wholesome Wave, and founding and ongoing support from funds of the New Hampshire Charitable Foundation.
Thank-you to our Market Sponsors
Seacoast Eat Local’s Winter Farmers Markets are made possible with the generous support of our market sponsors — Season Underwriter, The Farm at Eastman’s Corner; Market Underwriters, Wentworth Greenhouses, Exeter Hospital, The Black Birch, and Blue Moon Yoga; Moxy Restaurant, sponsoring this year’s Cooking Skills Series; and RiverWoods, the Market Day Sponsor for January 11th.
For more information: www.seacoasteatlocal.org