Carpool Day is back — Share the market with friends new and old!
Farmers markets are more fun with friends! This Saturday, January 25th, we are offering an official Carpool Day Thank You to those of you bringing new and old friends together to celebrate local food and enjoy the Winter Farmers’ Market at Wentworth Greenhouses in Rollinsford. We are giving away a $5 token to the driver of each carpool, which we’re defining as at least 3 people coming from 2 or more different households. Just come to the Seacoast Eat Local information table, and tell us “We carpooled!” You’ll receive both the token and our appreciation!
With live music, delicious ready-to-eat treats, all the fresh veggies you could hope for, a cheese making Q&A, and chef’s demo, this Saturday’s market will be quite an amazing event to share with friends and family. The Carpool Day Thank You will be recognized all day so come at your leisure and feast your eyes, ears and stomachs on all the Seacoast has to offer! You can view our Rollinsford market map to learn more about our vendors and see where they will be during the market.
January 25th Market Highlights
• CHEESE is the food of the day! Featuring Local Cheese Cooking Demonstration with Chef Evan Hennessey of Stages at One Washington; Beginner Cheesemaking Q & A with cheese expert Joanne Celantano of UNH; Cheesemaking Kits available for sale at the SEL information booth; cheese vendors: Brookford Farm, Flying Goat Farm, Hickory Nut Farm, and Wolf Meadow Farm.
• It’s Carpool Day! As an incentive to customers, we are giving away a $5 token to the driver of each carpool (at least 3 people coming from 2 or more different households).
• Fiber Arts Demonstration featuring a variety of fiber arts using Riverslea Farm wool.
• Special Guest: Gardens of New England will be joining us in partnership with Bedrock Gardens of Lee to promote and preserve public gardens and their current use through open houses, education and community events.
• Live Music: Singer songwriter David Corson of Evolvement Music.
Get dropped at the front door with our friendly shuttle service!
Those of you that have been to the market before know parking can get a bit crowded at the beginning of the day. We always encourage folks to get together with friends and carpool, or to come later in the day. We also have overflow parking with our partner Salmon Falls Stoneware. A shuttle will bring you to and from market all day long. Click over to this map to see market location and overflow parking.
SNAP and Debit Cards at the Market
All vendors at the Winter Farmers’ Markets accept SNAP/EBT! Visit the booth with the “Buy Your Tokens Here” sign to get started. Through Seacoast Eat Local’s Market Match program, receive up to an additional $10 free to buy fruits and vegetables! Debit cards can also be used to purchase tokens that can be used just like cash at the markets too! Learn more about how this program works at our website. This program is made possible through your generous donations, a partnership with Wholesome Wave, and founding and ongoing support from funds of the New Hampshire Charitable Foundation.
Thank-you to our Market Sponsors
Seacoast Eat Local’s Winter Farmers Markets are made possible with the generous support of our market sponsors — The Farm at Eastman’s Corner, Season Underwriter; Wentworth Greenhouses, Exeter Hospital, The Black Birch, and Blue Moon Yoga, Market Underwriters; Moxy Restaurant, Cooking Skills Series Sponsor; and Federal Savings Bank, Market Day Sponsor for January 25th.
For more information: www.seacoasteatlocal.org