Top off the stockings and get a jump on the new year: Shop Local
Don’t wait until the new year for resolutions, start today by committing to buying locally: Groceries, gifts and goodies! As the Seacoast Eat Local Winter Farmers’ Market has grown over the years, so too have the variety of offerings. All the while, our amazing farmers have been working to extend the growing season and their edible options. With so many delicious choices, ready-made gift baskets and gift certificates available, you don’t need to go anywhere else to finish your holiday shopping and fill your pantry. Our Product Search tool let’s you find what you’re looking for and who’ll have it at the market. Can’t find a certain ingredient for a classic recipe? Ask a farmer about potential substitutes — they’ve got the inside scoop on how to use New Hampshire’s seasonal offerings to make the most of your holiday meals.
We’ve got something for everyone at the Winter Farmers’ Market, so come check out the selection this Saturday, December 21st from 10 am to 2 pm at Wentworth Greenhouses in Rollinsford. Nourish your body, your friendships and the local agricultural community, shop at the Seacoast Eat Local Winter Farmers’ Market!
- Potatoes are the food of the day! Seacoast Eat Local will be sponsoring a Potato Recipe Swap, and invite customers to share their favorite recipes to inspire everyone to buy lots of potatoes! If you have a favorite potato recipe to share, please email it to email@example.com or bring a few copies to the market.
- Locally Driven Food Drive: Seacoast Eat Local is conducting an online fundraiser this week to get more local food to neighbors in need. Funds raised will be used to purchase food from farms at the market on Saturday. Participating farms will double the impact of these funds by donating twice the value in local food. If your farm would like to participate, please email Jean Pauly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Food will be collected by Seacoast Eat Local at the end of the market for donation to the Rollinsford Police Benevolent Association‘s holiday food basket program, as well as other local food pantries.
- As if the delicious local food and gifts weren’t enough, enjoy the musical talents of one of our market favorites, Mike & Mike!
- While you’re here, stroll on through Wentworth Greenhouse’s Winter Crafts Market for a variety of locally made gifts, open from 9 am to 2 pm.
- Last chance for cranberries at the Seacoast Eat Local information booth! Packed with Vitamin C and antioxidants, grace your holiday table with these versatile berries.
- Mr. Fox Composting will be at all the markets, collecting compostable materials and educating attendees on the importance of closing the waste stream loop.
- Our friendly market shuttle picks you up at Salmon Falls Stoneware, and conveniently drops you off at the door of Wentworth Greenhouses — click over to this map to find extra parking and ride our free shuttle.
Stock up for winter break
After this Saturday’s Winter Farmers’ Market, our next one is January 11th in Exeter — make sure to stock up for the time in between! Hardy potatoes, winter squash and onions are easy to store, while eggs and cooking greens will last several weeks in the fridge. Stop by the Seacoast Eat Local information table for more tips on storing and freezing food to create your own stash of local goodness!
SNAP and Debit Cards at the Market
All vendors at the Winter Farmers’ Markets accept SNAP/EBT! Visit the booth with the “Buy Your Tokens Here” sign to get started. Through our Market Match program, receive up to an additional $10 free to buy fruits and vegetables! Debit cards can also be used to purchase tokens that can be used just like cash at the markets too! Learn more about how this program works at our website. This program is made possible through your generous donations, a partnership with Wholesome Wave, and founding and ongoing support from funds of the New Hampshire Charitable Foundation.
Thank-you to our Market Sponsors
Seacoast Eat Local’s Winter Farmers Markets are made possible with the generous support our market sponsors — Season Underwriter, The Farm at Eastman’s Corner; Market Underwriters, Wentworth Greenhouses, Exeter Hospital, The Black Birch, and Blue Moon Yoga; and Moxy Restaurant, sponsoring this year’s Cooking Skills Series.
For more information: www.seacoasteatlocal.org