NH Farm to School in collaboration with several other organizations are hosting the Northeast Farm to Preschool Forum on October 5 at Dublin Consolidated School in Dublin, NH. This event is for early childhood educators, administration, food service and farmers.
Farm to Preschool Forum
Dublin Consolidated School, Dublin, NH
Saturday, October 5, 2013
9am – 4pm
Cost: $20/person, includes lunch, workshops and field trips
Join farmers and preschool providers for this full day forum and discover strategies for bringing joy and wonder to early childhood through agriculture. This full day gathering will give you tools for engaging children on a farm or in a garden, as well as tips for bringing agriculture into the classroom and/or meal and snack programs. Share activities, explore safety and risk, try kid-friendly recipes, and discuss the exciting intersection where seed to table meets preschool!
Afternoon field trips to nearby farms are included in the cost of registration. Field trips will be hands-on and activity-based, and are designed to provide you with ideas for bringing farm and food-based education to your students!
• Cooking with Kids and Setting Up Taste Test Programs
• Early Sprouts Curriculum
• Building and Maintaining School Gardens
• Panel of Successful Farm to Preschool Programs from across New England
• Financial and Material Resources for Your Program
• Cultivating Joy and Wonder in Young Children
• Setting up a Farmer Relationship for Visits and Purchasing Products
• Hands-on Classroom Activities
Afternoon Farm Field Trips
• Touchstone Farm
• Otter Brook Farm and Happy Valley School
• Brooks’ Side Farm
• Stonewall Farm
For more information: www.farmbasededucation.org/events/preschool