Be part of creating a strong food future for Maine! The Maine Food Strategy — an action plan for strengthening Maine’s farming, fishing and food economy — is calling for Steering Committee nominations (deadline: September 6th):
Open Call for Steering Committee Nominations
The Maine Food Strategy is an initiative to create a broader and more strongly connected network of organizations, agencies, businesses and individuals contributing to the food system in Maine. The initiative seeks to convene a statewide participatory process that will identify and advance shared goals to support a robust food economy and a thriving natural resource base in our state.
The initiative is building a Steering Committee to guide this work for the next year and create a solid foundation for future work. We invite nominations from individuals and organizations who meet some or all of the following criteria:
• Passionate about strengthening Maine agriculture, fisheries and related businesses.
• Knowledgeable in their field of expertise and interested in learning about the broader food system in Maine.
• Maintain strong personal networks within their field and/or the broader Maine food system.
• Representative of a stakeholder interest (including but not limited to food producers, farmers, fishermen, processors, distributors, retailers, service agencies, policy advocates, government agencies, workers, resource conservation interests).
• Able to serve up to a year and to commit 10-16 hours per month to the project (including travel time).
• Resident of Maine.
Nominations will be accepted through 5 pm on September 6, 2013. ONLINE NOMINATION FORM
For more information on the Strategy and the Steering Committee Nomination Process, please contact: Tanya Swain, Project Co-Director, (207) 592-4369 or email@example.com.
For more information: www.mainefoodstrategy.org