Action Alert from Maine Organic Farmers and Gardeners Association (MOFGA):
Help us pass historic legislation to label GMOs!
Mainers have a right to know!
LD 718 – An Act To Protect Maine Food Consumers’ Right To Know about Genetically Engineered Food and Seed Stock is printed with 123 co-sponsors in the Legislature. We are very encouraged by the widespread support for this bill and we hope you will help us keep the momentum moving forward in this legislative session.
If your legislators are on the list, please take a moment to send them thank you cards, or make thank you phone calls.
Here are some suggestions for things to include in a phone call, email, letter, or postcard to your Representative or Senator:
• Thank you for co-sponsoring this important legislation
• We look forward to your continued support on this issue
• Mainers have a right to know what is in their food
• Labels help consumers make informed choices
Also include a reason why YOU want a label. Suggestions include:
• I have allergies
• I have health concerns
• I have dietary restrictions from my religion
• I am careful about what I feed my family/kids
• I use my grocery dollars to influence food production practices
Find out who your legislatores are by clicking this link:
After you contact your legislators please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know who you have sent a letter to so we can track who’s been contacted. If your representative is not a co-osponser and you want to help us on this campaign, send an email to email@example.com and let us know you want to get involved.
To read the bill or follow its progress, go to:
For more information: www.mofga.org