Field Trip to the Market Day!
Have you ever tried a purple carrot, a red turnip, or locally made maple syrup? This could be your chance! Visit the Saturday, March 16th Winter Farmers’ Market at Exeter High School, from 10am–2pm for “Field Trip to the Market Day!” Children and families are invited to visit the farmers’ market to learn more about delicious fresh food grown and produced right here in New Hampshire (even with snow on the ground!). Activities will teach children about fruits and vegetables, balanced nutrition that helps them grow up healthy and strong, and provide fun recipes to make at home. Parents can also learn about the many products available all year round and the ability to use SNAP (food stamps) and debit cards at the market. Activities include: Kids Farmers’ Market Scavenger Hunt, Mystery Vegetable Game, live music, and other fun and educational games and activities – plus, of course, lots of tasty local food to buy and enjoy!
About the Location: Exeter High School is located at 315 Epping Road, Exeter, NH. Follow Route 101 to exit 9, then Route 27 west 1.8 miles. Here’s a map!
• Food of the Day: Beef
• CSA Information Table featuring farms currently offering shares
• More kids activities with Screamers Cafe
• On the Edge Knife Sharpening — get your knives sharpened while you shop! Visit their website for pricing.
• Brentwood Food Pantry will be collecting fresh food donations
• Live music by Poor Howard Stith
• Get your garden started with High Mowing Seeds, available at the Seacoast Eat Local information table, along with tote bags, books, Maine sea salt, and cheesemaking kits.
• Composting by Ecomovement Consulting and Hauling, closing the loop between food and soil fertility at our markets.
About the Location
Exeter High School is located at 315 Epping Road, Exeter, NH. Follow Route 101 to exit 9, then Route 27 west 1.8 miles. Here’s a map!
We are grateful for the generous support of our sponsors, who make the Winter Farmers’ Market possible — Exeter Hospital, our Exeter Market Underwriter; D Squared Java and Farm Credit East, our Day Sponsors; and Northeast SARE — thank-you!
For more information: www.seacoasteatlocal.org