“You Are What You Eat” Series: Roots, Root Cellar and Root Vegetables
Lee Library, 7 Mast Road, Lee, NH
Monday, January 28, 2013
Explore what kinds of root crops are grown locally, how to grow and store the vegetables, how these fresh and stored root crops impact our health over the winter. Learn about interesting ways we can use these roots for cooking.
• Introductory Remarks – John Carroll, Professor and Author
• Farmer – Joel Miller of Wild Miller Gardens on root crops and storage
• Nutritionist – Joanne Curran-Celentano, Professor of Nutritional Science, UNH
• Chef – Ted McCormack of Blue Moon Evolution
For more information and reservations, please call the Lee Library 603-659-2626
Other Presentations in the “You Are What You Eat” Series:
• February 25: Vegetables, Fruits, Honey, and Edible Flowers
• March 25: Local Meat, Chicken, and Fish
• April 22: Dairy and Eggs
• May 20: Grains and Smart Shopping
Sponsored by the Lee Agricultural Commission and Lee Library.
For more information: www.leenh.org