Learn about exciting new businesses on the Seacoast — including Heron Pond Farm and The Soup Guy — at the upcoming Seacoast Entrepreneurs Showcase on Tuesday evening, February 5th at The Red Door in Portsmouth:
Seacoast Entrepreneurs Showcase
The Red Door, 107 State St, Portsmouth, NH
Tuesday, February 5, 2013
6 – 8 pm
The Seacoast Local Entrepreneur Showcase brings together investors, entrepreneurs, and community members that are passionate about building a local economy based on values of sustainability and diversity. The Showcase features lightning, 7-minute presentations by local entrepreneurs and pioneers in the local investing movement. The Showcase will be held at the Red Door in downtown Portsmouth. Food and drink will be served and there will be a chance to meet and mingle following the presentations.
Keynote: Michael Bartner, Slow Money http://slowmoney.org/ – A national, nonprofit organization dedicated to “bringing money back down to earth” by catalyzing investment in local food systems.
• Andre Cantelmo, Heron Pond Farm – A sustainable agricultural farm expanding its reach with a new farmstand in Kensington.
• Curtis Gould, The Soup Guy – A Dover-based purveyor of 100% natural, gluten free artisan soups (locally sourced when possible) to open specialty cafés throughout the Seacoast.
• Allison Grappone, Nearby Registry – An online gift registry and e-commerce service that allows brides, grooms, expectant parents, and others to select gifts from their favorite local independent businesses and nonprofits.
• Josh Henry, 7th Settlement Brewery and Pub – A start-up Brew Pub in downtown Dover brewing Ales that pay homage to the history, traditions, and local ingredients of the Seacoast.
• Steve McPhee – A custom cabinet & furniture maker specializing in eco-friendly design using alternative and local materials.
Free and open to the public, PLEASE REGISTER HERE as an interested stakeholder, investor, or entrepreneur.
For more information: www.seacoastlocal.org