Farmers are still hard at work harvesting and storing their crops and preparing for winter. Here at Seacoast Eat Local we are preparing for our first Winter Farmers’ Market with great anticipation! Plan to join us on Saturday, November 17th, at the Wentworth Greenhouses in Rollinsford!
Ready, Set, Volunteer! We rely on our wonderful volunteers to help our bustling markets run smoothly. We need a morning crew of at least 10 volunteers to help with market set-up (assist with vendor parking, helping unload vendor vehicles, and moving tables). We also need 4–6 friendly and outgoing foodies to help at our information booth throughout the market. Please see the volunteer descriptions below to pick the one best for you.
Set-Up Crew, 7:45am – 10:00am
- Please be comfortable with working on your feet, and able to lift and carry up to 35 lbs. There will be lots of assistance from SEL staff and other volunteers.
- Report to Information Table at 7:45am for further instructions (all training is done on the job)
- Best part about this shift is that you will be first in line to start shopping when the market begins!!
Information Table (in 2 hour shifts)
- 9:45am – 11:45am OR 11:45am – 2:00pm
- Work alongside SEL board members to answer consumers’ questions, sell our fundraising items (local salts, oils, books, and pantry items), and provide a warm welcome to market customers.
- Need to be able to be on your feet for the entire 2 hours
- Customer service skills are required, as well as familiariry with local food and farms.
- Great way to meet people within our community, help promote eating locally, and you can shop after your shift!
Seacoast Eat Local markets are in two different locations: Wentworth Greenhouses in Rollinsford, NH and Exeter High School in Exeter, NH. Please see our website for location and date details.
Please RSVP if you can volunteer on November 17th in Rollinsford
Contact: Sarah Jacobson, email@example.com. Please indicate the job (set-up crew or info table) and time of shift.
Time flies once we get into the holiday season, if you are available to volunteer in early December, let us know now!
- December 1 – Rollinsford
- December 8 – Exeter
Thank you, we can’t wait to see you all at the market soon!