From the Seacoast Growers’ Association:
Salsa Competition at the Durham Farmers’ MarketThink you make the best salsa around? Prove it on Monday, at the Durham Market during our first salsa competition! Anyone can participate – and we hope that you will – and everyone has a vote. A blind taste-test will be set up at the market booth. The salsa maker with the most votes will win a market gift basket full of freshness from our vendors, and of course, bragging rights for the year.
Here is how you can participate (for the salsa makers):
- bring enough of your fresh, homemade salsa to the Durham Farmers’ Market for tasting by 3:30pm on Monday (August 27)
- drop it off at the market booth
- include your recipe if you want to share it with others
- you don’t need to be present at the end of voting to win, we’ll call you!
Here is how you can participate (for the salsa tasters):
- come over to the market between 3:30 – 5:15pm
- taste the yummy salsas
- cast your vote for your favoriteWe’ll announce the winning salsa in next week’s email, and post some of the recipes from the competition.