It’s not too late to get your tickets for this Thursday’s event, Salt & Cedar: An Evening of Food, Craft, and Community Shaped by the Sea, hosted by 3S Artspace at Grain Surfboards in York, Maine!
Salt & Cedar: An Evening of Food, Craft, and Community Shaped by the Sea
Grain Surfboards, 60 Brixham Rd, York, ME
Thursday, August 23, 2012
6 – 9 pm
We’ve assembled some of the region’s most passionate artisans, craftspeople, and musicians at the iconic Grain Surfboards barn and workshop, to come together for an informal evening of locally sourced food and fun.
From 6-7pm we “Gather”, where the spotlight is on cocktails and community: the opportunity to mix and mingle with local farmers, board-builders, conservationists, distillers, a surf filmmaker, and the evening’s chef, with light food, music, film footage and informal tours of the Grain facility.
At 7pm we “Graze” where the food gets a little heavier and the music gets a lot livelier. Local bluegrass band, Pressure’s On, joins the party and dinner comes out in waves on small plates. Dancing will ensue.
Additionally we’ll be selling raffle tickets with short odds to win a custom Grain surfboard or board-building class ($25, 5 for $100), or four Grain skateboards with custom artwork by a local artist, and lots of swag from our local surf shops ($10).
TICKETS ON SALE NOW. CLICK HERE.
Participating artisans and businesses include:
– Cinnamon Rainbows (Hampton, NH)
– Grain Surfboards (York, ME)
– Brian Goding, Filmmaker (Lewiston, ME)
– Dylan Haigh, Artist (Portsmouth, NH)
– Liquid Dreams (York, ME)
– Las Olas Taqueria (Exeter, NH)
– Samuel Ostrow, Chef (Kittery, ME)
– Pioneers (North Hampton, NH)
– Smuttynose Brewing Company (Portsmouth, NH)
– Surfrider Foundation, NH Chapter
– Sweetgrass Farm Winery & Distillery (Union, ME)
– Summer Sessions Surf Shop (Rye, NH)
– Zach’s Farm (York, ME)
For more information: www.3sarts.org