The Fifth Annual Portsmouth Sustainability Day is being held at a new location this year, the Portsmouth High School, on Saturday, May 12th. For the first time, this all-day event includes a 50/50 Potluck Brunch, with 50% of your dish to include ingredients from within 50 miles of Portsmouth!
Fifth Annual Portsmouth Sustainability Day
Portsmouth High School, Cafeteria and outdoors, Portsmouth, NH
Saturday, May 12, 2012
Learn how to make your community and home more sustainable, and have fun doing it!
• Nature Walk
• Local Food
• Rain Garden Tours
• Educational Exhibits and Activities
• Commercial Green Vendors
Join us for a sustainable meal! We are having our first ever Potluck Brunch. Bring a dish to share. Your mission is to make 50% of your dish with local products. These products should be gathered within 50 miles of Portsmouth. Zero waste; bring your own dishes.
Related community events:
• Tour of the Hodgson Brook Restoration Project
• Women’s Clothing Swap at the Portsmouth Library Levenson Community Room
• The PHS Eco-club is hosting a 5 K road race at Great Bay Community College at Pease
• The Whaleback Film Festival focusing on environmentally related films will be ongoing all weekend
• An art show using recycled materials during the month of May at the Portsmouth Library
For more information: http://portsmouthsustainabilityfair.org/