Space is still available for the two-session course, Bionutrient Rich Crop Production, which takes place on Saturday, March 24th, and May 12th. Financial aid for farmers is available:
Bionutrient Rich Crop Production
Dan Kittredge, Real Food Campaign
North Berwick Community Center, 266 Lebanon Rd, North Berwick ME
Saturday, March 24 and May 12, 2012
9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
The Real Food Campaign is announcing a two-session course, presented by Dan Kittredge, at the North Berwick Community Center in North Berwick ME on Saturdays, March 24 and May 12, from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm. The course is designed for area farmers and gardeners who want to learn how to grow more bionutrient rich food crops so they and others can live healthier lives.
Bionutrient rich crop production is a form of biological farming that works to balance and enliven the soil so that the crops growing in it provide all the necessary minerals, phytonutrients, anti-oxidants and enzymes that humans and animals need in their bodies.
Those who attend this course will learn many useful things:
• to obtain and use a soil test to tell what is in your soil and what is missing that it needs
• to locate and utilize the right amendments and materials to nurture your soil and crops
• to choose better quality seed and inoculate it when you plant it to give it the best start
• to measure the energetic vitality in your soil and to monitor and maintain that effectively throughout the growing season
• to support your plants through the various stages of their growth, feeding them in ways to sustain their full development
• to observe the growth process of your plants and to recognize signs of potential weakness and disease
• to know the right amount and best ways to supply water to your plants and soil
• to become acquainted with helpful resources to foster and support your own learning process
The cost of the course is $150, and substantial financial aid is available for farmers who wish to attend, thanks to a generous grant from the Lattner Foundation. It is possible to register for the full amount online with a credit card at www.realfoodcampaign.org. For further information and to apply for aid or to register by check or in installments, please contact Douglas Williams, Course Administrator, at email@example.com or 603-924-7008.
For more information: www.realfoodcampaign.org