Join us at the Seacoast Eat Local Winter Farmers’ Market when we return to the Exeter High School on Saturday, February 11th, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. — 35+ farmers and food producers will be have a delectable array of food ready to eat or to take home. Stock your Valentine’s pantry with:
- Shrimp: This will be Yankee Fisherman’s Co-op last market with fresh shrimp and lobster. Time to stock up and freeze some!
- Fruits and vegetables: Apples, turnips, arugula, sprouts, radishes, dried beans, carrots, potatoes, fresh spinach and salad greens, onions, kale, asian greens, beets, bok choy, kohlrabi, fresh and dried herbs, and much more!
- Locally raised meat and eggs: If you’re planning to cook dinner for your sweetie on February 14th, the winter market is a great place to pick up a delicious steak you can feel good about serving. There will also be pork, chicken, lamb, goat, rabbit, and guinea hens and plenty of superior eggs.
- Cheese and milk: Look for cheese from Sandwich Creamery and Brookford Farm, cow’s milk from Brookford Farm, and goat’s milk from Jesta Farm.
- Baked goods and prepared foods: Ready to eat meals, soups and stews, sausages and more, utilizing local ingredients.
- Seacoast Eat Local: Stop by our booth for a variety of local as well as regional products selected to compliment our vendor’s wares and make your shopping venture complete. We’ll have sea salt from Maine, Henry’s sunflower oil, Sewall’s cider vinegar, and seeds for your spring garden from High Mowing Organic Seeds. All proceeds go towards running the Winter Farmers’ Market — pick up a tote bag and show your support!
Activities at the Winter Farmers’ Market include:
- CSA Day at the Market: In February, the Winter Farmers’ Market will feature the opportunity to learn more about Community Supported Agriculture in the Seacoast area and speak directly with CSA farmers. Visit both the Exeter and Rollinsford markets to find the right option for you! For a list of farms with shares available >
- Free kids activity with Rockingham County 4-H will keep them entertained while you shop.
- Live music by Dan Walker.
- Food donations will be collected by the Fremont Food Pantry — consider buying something fresh to help those in need.
- Exeter High School is located at 315 Epping Road, Exeter, NH. Follow Route 101 to exit 9, then route 27 west 1.8 miles. Here’s a map!
- Online Resources: View a full list of market vendors, search for available food, or check our interactive market maps to see which vendor will be attending a particular market.
- SNAP & Debit Tokens: SNAP (foodstamps) can now be used at the winter farmers’ market — SNAP customers swipe their EBT cards at the market info booth, and then use tokens to shop with approved vendors. Help us spread the word about this important new project to provide access to wholesome foods to people of all incomes. Debit card customers can also purchase tokens to be used with all vendors. For more information, email email@example.com. Partial funding for this project provided by the New Hampshire Charitable Foundation. Donations are gratefully accepted to support this program — how to donate >
The Winter Farmers’ Market is made possible through the generous support of Winter Season Underwriter Veris Wealth Partners, Exeter Market Underwriter Exeter Hospital, and February 11th Day Sponsor Yoga on York. Thank-you!
For more information: www.seacoasteatlocal.org.
See you at the market February 11th!