Join us at the Seacoast Eat Local Winter Farmers’ Market when we return to the beautiful Wentworth Greenhouses in Rollinsford, NH, on Saturday, January 28th, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. A full line-up of 50+ farmers and food producers will be offering a delectable array of food ready to eat or to take home:
- Shrimp: The Yankee Fisherman’s Co-op will be bringing fresh shrimp and lobster to the market — the shrimp season is short this year, get them while you can.
- Fruits & vegetables: There will be plenty of super sweet, crunchy carrots, the featured vegetable of the day. There’ll also promises to be an abundance of greens, including salad mix, spinach, several types of kale, collards, bok choy, microgreens, and beet greens. Make sure to stock your pantry with onions, garlic, winter squash, beets, turnips, rutabagas, cabbage and more.
- Meat & dairy: Vendors will have beef, pork, chicken, turkey, elk, lamb, and goat, as well as milk and yogurt, eggs, a variety of cheeses, and specially cured meats and sausages from Popper’s Artisanal Meats.
- Prepared foods: Including fresh pasta from Valencenti Organico, savory treats from Figtree Kitchen, spice blends from Hubba Hubba, and coffee and teas from Red Rover Coffee and White Heron Tea. Stop off at Abigail’s, Borealis Breads, Forty Five Market Street Bakery, Craquelins and Sunnyfield for freshly baked goods, many including locally-sourced ingredients.
- Seacoast Eat Local: Stop by our booth for a variety of local as well as regional products selected to compliment our vendor’s wares and make your shopping venture complete. We’ll have sea salt from Maine, Henry’s sunflower oil, Sewall’s cider vinegar, and seeds for your spring garden from High Mowing. All proceeds go towards running the Winter Farmers’ Market — pick up a tote bag and show your support.
Activities at the Winter Farmers’ Market include:
- Cooking demonstrations with Jen of Get Well Grounded and Erin of Allgood Eats, featuring the vegetable of the day, carrots — make sure to stop by and pick up a recipe card.
- Free kids activity with Strafford County 4-H will keep them entertained while you shop.
- Live music by Old Time Dave Talmage, who’ll be offering a foot-tapping good time.
- Food donations will also be collected by the Cornucopia Food Pantry — consider buying something fresh to help those in need.
- Wentworth Greenhouses: Located at 141 Rollins Road, Rollinsford, NH, just 1 mile past Red’s Shoe Barn of Dover — for map >
- Market Shuttle: Easy parking, with a free shuttle van running continuously from additional parking provided by Salmon Falls Stoneware, 75 Oak Street in Dover, around the corner from the Wentworth Greenhouses.
- Online Resources: View a full list of market vendors, search for available food, or check our interactive market maps to see which vendor will be attending a particular market
- SNAP & Debit Tokens: SNAP (foodstamps) can now be used at the winter farmers’ market — SNAP customers swipe their EBT cards at the market info booth, and then use tokens to shop with approved vendors. Help us spread the word about this important new project to provide access to wholesome foods to people of all incomes. Debit card customers can also purchase tokens to be used with all vendors. For more information, email email@example.com. Partial funding for this project provided by the New Hampshire Charitable Foundation.
The Winter Farmers’ Market is made possible through the generous support of Veris Wealth Partners, Winter Season Underwriter; Wentworth Greenhouses, Inc., Rollinsford Market Underwriter; and Bottomline Technologies, January 28th Day Sponsor — to whom we offer our deepest thanks.
For more information: www.seacoasteatlocal.org
See you at the market January 28th!