Cook up a storm at the Favorite Foods Festival, an annual event hosted by 4-H Rockingham on Friday, February 10. New for this year is a Locally Grown Award! Deadline to enter this and other
4-H Rockingham Favorite Foods Festival
Seacoast School of Technology, 40 Linden St, Exeter, NH
Friday, February 10, 2012
5 – 8:30 p.m.
Do you like to cook? Enjoy tasting other people’s favorite recipes? Want to learn more about nutrition or local foods? Hope to meet other 4-H’ers in Rockingham County? Then be sure to come to our Favorite Foods Festival, the annual 4-H food and nutrition showcase event on Friday, February 10 from 5:00 PM – 8:30 PM at the Seacoast School of Technology, 40 Linden Street, Exeter, New Hampshire, 03833.
The goals of this event are to:
- Help youth practice their cooking & culinary skills
- Help youth explore healthy living and nutrition
- Have a fun family event for the whole Rockingham County 4-H community
This event is open to all 4-H members! Not a member yet? Click here for an (it’s free)!
To enter: deadline is February 1
- Decide on a favorite food. Each 4-H’er should cook a different dish. Younger 4-H’ers can cook simple recipes. Do not include alcoholic beverages/liquors in favorite food.
- Adults and youth ages 5-18: fill out and send in an updated Festival Entry Form
- Review updated Festival Information
- We want to put together a cookbook! Please include with your entry a copy of your recipe by using the updated Cookbook Recipe Entry Form as a guide, and send us a complete copy of the recipe.
- If you can afford it, please include with your entry a donation of $1.00 per family member ($5.00 max per family), to help pay for event expenses. Make check payable to Rockingham County 4-H. Note: No person shall be denied the opportunity to participate in this program because of an inability to pay.
For more information: www.extension.unh.edu