Celebrate Food Day on Monday, October 24th! This nationwide grassroots mobilization for healthier diets and improved food policies is gaining momentum as organizers have planned over 2,000 events and in all 50 states — find and attend one in our area.
Ask Congress to fix our broken food system, and support policies that:
1. Reduce diet-related disease by promoting safe, healthy foods.
2. Support sustainable farms & limit subsidies to big agribusiness.
3. Expand access to food and alleviate hunger.
4. Protect the environment & animals by reforming factory farms.
5. Promote health by curbing junk-food marketing to kids.
6. Support fair conditions for food and farm workers.
From Morgan Spurlock, director of the documentary film Super Size Me:
For more information: www.foodday.org